Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Speaking of de-icing a windshield...

I had an experience very similar to Alex (who by the way is moving up to Oregon this summer....near me)!

Anyways....
The other morning we were going to do the paper route and it had iced over and our windshield was covered on the bottom half with ice. We turned up the defroster full steam and I drove with my head sticking up and looking over the ice. Lazy perhaps, but it was COLD outside.
A very nice cop pulled us over and gave me a lecture about not scraping off our windshield and then asked, "Don't you have an ice scraper?"

"No."

"I've never met anyone in northern Idaho who doesn't own at least two!!!"

"Well, we're from California and believe the defroster can fix anything."

Actually, I didn't say that, but just said that we needed to buy one. So he let us use his and we were on our way.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe people in northern Idaho just get one of those when they get their license? Or it comes with the car? That cop must be the brother of the one that pulled you over and you and Janae had to go through the dirty laundry to find your wallet! I should have put a scraper in your Christmas stocking!

Anonymous said...

Try taking a pitcher of tap water out with you the next time. (COLD! Not hot!) That's what I always do, and it works great!

Anonymous said...

I guess I should have got you one of those to go with your new windshield wipers. Oh well, now I know what to get you next time I visit!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Esther. Phillip and learned the hard way- except it was the opposite- he tried to hose off the windshield on a very hot day with cold water, and it shattered!

Wesley said...

i want to come visit for easter

Anonymous said...

And that has WHAT to do with icy windshields?

Jason said...

nothing...wes just loves moscow and us so much that he can't contain his excitment.