Friday, April 29, 2011

Popeye would be proud

Last night we had a most delicious dinner, if I do say so myself. And as a person who loathed eating spinach as a kid, I find it funny that I really love the stuff now. And even more hilarious that my daughter ate huge forkfuls of dinner and declared it "delicious" without any prompting. I'm sure I will end up with a child like me at one point: one who sits at the dinner table for a good while refusing to eat their vegetables.

I made Smitten Kitchen's Baked Eggs with Spinach and Mushrooms with her Chive Biscuits (recipe is below the egg recipe on the same page). I did add one more clove of garlic (I still need some of the cooked spinach taste to be masked), but other than that, I would say this is a perfect-as-is recipe. Easy and it would be perfect for brunch after church on Sundays.

We of course had some fresh strawberries as well. Jason ate his dinner with the biscuit split and an egg on each half, while I buttered my biscuits (.....that sounds funny) and ate the eggs and veg separately. Either way, it's good eats.

So even if you are anti-spinach, give this a try.

3 comments:

Mary and Jim said...

Looks suspiciously like Joe's Special that you forgot to stir the eggs into...

Aunt Cheryl said...

It does look good -- think I'll try it but like mine a little scrambled.

miranda said...

loved it! easy, fast, delicious on homemade artisan bread with lots of butter. thanks. :)