Saturday, July 31, 2010

Present

For Hazel's birthday, we made her a few new toys. One that I really like the way it turned out is her new little backpack. I used a wonderful pattern from the Made by Rae blog. It was super easy, though it did take a while with the cutting out, zipper, and piping. But still, a rather easy project. A definite recommended project if you were thinking about making something similar for your little tot.

The fabric is some Alexander Henry I bought about 6 years ago. You'll have to excuse the scuff marks on the bag. It's been toted around a little bit since we gave it to her at her party a few weeks ago.
And some gorgeous flowers my mom brought over from Poulsbo when she came on Tuesday.

3 comments:

Grace said...

Liz, this came out so cute!

lindsey said...

hey liz!
i've been checking your blog obsessively for new of el bambino.....can't wait to see him!

also i had to comment on this fabric - love that print. it is on the back of one of the very first baby quilts i made for mr. riley in utero. got it at r. lily stem, 50% off. could that be where you purchased it too? =) Z

Cheryl said...

It is adorable but I am sure not half as much so as your new little guy. Can't wait to see photos of him. I am not on face book for reasons that I will not go into here (but work has something to with it)so am eagerly awaiting an update on your blog.
I can't believe how much "little shoe 2" weighed -- he should be ready to walk soon (just kidding).
Much love to you all and prayers for a good night's sleep.