Thursday, June 03, 2010

Summer Hat

I made Hazel a summer hat before we left for California. It turned out perfectly, though a little smaller than I would have liked so she won't be wearing it next summer. She actually wore it when I asked her to while we were on vacation (amazing since she wouldn't wear it before we left) - hurrah! I was very happy since our little miss is quite fair and tends to burn easily. While it doesn't have a large brim, it at least kept the sun off of her face and head.

I used a free Simplicity pattern found online for a ladies bucket hat and just sized it down a tad. I might make her another one just a little bit bigger to allow for more wiggle room while at the pool.


3 comments:

Tiffany said...

That hat is absolutely adorable, Liz! Great work!

paula said...

I love, love, love it. I want to make one for Camilla but I don't know if I can convince her to keep it on. How did you do that??

Liz said...

There have been moments where she screamed so loud that I thought my eardrums were going to burst. There were other times where she asked to wear it. I was going to put ties on it - that might help the moments where she is defiant.

:)