Monday, May 04, 2009

Sigh....

My perfect little child (and yes, I do realize that she's not actually perfect) has become a difficult little child. It seems the last few weeks have been very hard for her, though we're not exactly sure why. We're hoping that the reason behind the extreme fussiness is teething, though we've yet to seen any evidence that this is the case.

And of course I started spoiling her a little when she first started on this route, so now that I'm trying to be strict about nap and bedtimes again, it seems hysterics is the option she goes for. I'm just glad that she's had two semi-good naps today and she only woke up about 5 or 6 times. When she's up from her afternoon nap we're going to stroll down to the library and then to the store to hunt for something that might help with teething pain.

If that doesn't change anything, then I think we're going to have to go the tough love route and just go back to the crying it out routine.

So I made myself pumpkin bread and it's almost done baking so I will enjoy that little treat. And we're having red beans and rice and sausage for dinner. Yum! Who knew having a kid was hard once in a while?

Anyways, here's a little cheerful video of Hazel getting a piggy back ride a few weeks ago. Very fun indeed.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Sounds familiar... We found Hyland's teething tablets to work really well. Babies go through so many different stages, they go on to the next right when you think you have them figured out. They are way smarter than we give them credit for.