Saturday, December 13, 2008

Little Lucia

Now the S's are faux-Swedes as well! My family has always celebrated St. Lucia Day on December 13 (because my mom spent some time in Sweden in the 1960s) and now I get to dress my little girl up to bring her daddy breakfast!

Since a 4-month old probably couldn't balance a wreath with candles on her head, I decided to knit her a little crown instead. I also whipped up a little white dress complete with a red sash. I'm very excited to keep this tradition and Jason has been very gracious to let me do so, especially since he doesn't care for Lussekatter (the saffron rolls). So I made him some cardamom bread instead.

And we woke up to snow this morning! I guess it's officially winter now.





2 comments:

Mary and Jim said...

So wish we could have seen her! You are so clever, Liz!

Elissa said...

My family used to celebrate this as well! Got a little swedish ancestry in there. You're very creative =) I'm inspired to keep up the tradition now in our household too...