Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Grasping at kisses and toys



I will fully embrace the fact that I have become obsessed with my daughter. So sorry that there are tons o' posts about her, but hey, this is what my life consists of now. (That and thinking about sewing projects that never actually happen.)

Hazel is so interested in her hands now and stares at them, is constantly putting them in her mouth, and grabbing at mom's hair, rattles, and anything she's interested in. She also is still rotating counterclockwise when she sleeps, so I have to make sure to put her down at an angle so she doesn't wind up against the side of the crib and then wake herself up.

I try to take some photos of her playing, but like always, the second the camera comes out she stops what she's been doing to stare at that strange thing mom is holding.


About the title...
T.S. Elit's poem, Animula, has always been one of my favorites since we read it in Doc's eleventh grade English. Here is part of it:

Issues from the hand of God, the simple soul
To a flat world of changing lights and noise,
To light, dark, dry or damp, chilly or warm;
Moving between the legs of tables and of chairs,
Rising or falling, grasping at kisses and toys,
Advancing boldly, sudden to take alarm,
Retreating to the corner of arm and knee,
Eager to be reassured…


1 comment:

KeriAnn said...

Liz, hey, no worries about the other night. I didn't think you were being rude at all and I'm sorry you weren't feeling well.

Let's get together and do a photoshoot for Hazel. That way maybe we can work together to get some fun photos of her.

P.S. she's so cute. and a mother's obsession is completely justified. Obsess away.