Friday, August 15, 2008

The Generosity of Others

I've always been so amazed how God uses our brothers and sisters in Christ to encourage each other and to bless one another. I've seen it in other families and in my own. I'm not the recipient of such blessings very often, but since Hazel's birth God has been so kind to us. My parents have come out and really helped us get settled into the new house and just made our lives easier (especially me - letting me just rest and doing all my housework).

The other night was Hazel's shower with the ladies from church and it was so much fun to see her get passed around and just to be the recipient of the kindness and generosity of others.

Hazel, ready to party in her little dress.

Cuddling with Corinne after the shower.

Also, we've been receiving tons of delicious meals from other families at church. Sarah did a wonderful job of organizing everything (don't know what I would do without her) and it's been such a blessing to receive this food.

Such a big thank you to everyone!

3 comments:

AnneMarie said...

I'm so glad you had a good time Lidabit! I wish I could have been there. :( Hazel is getting so much bigger and I absolutely adore the look she is giving Jason before the party!

Mary and Jim said...

She was such a party girl, too. No fussing despite the heat and being passed around to everyone. Hope you are surviving the 100 plus these days!

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing the cute photos--I can't believe how alert she looks while looking @ her daddy in her party dress. Aunt Cheryl