Tuesday, September 25, 2007

And the saga continues...

It has been 6, count them 6, days since our kitchen was ripped apart. And when I say "ripped apart", I mean no floor, all the counters dismantled, stove unhooked and moved. They say they will start tomorrow on putting it back together, but that it will probably take more than one day.

At least our meals are being paid for by our insurance company (!).

But yeah, so I haven't been able to cook for almost a week and with the turn of the weather just happening, I've been craving some hearty autumnal foods and sweet apple and pumpkin-related desserts. Sigh. I guess we'll just have to wait.

I also wouldn't recommend watching Julia Child and Jacques Pepin videos while you are sans kitchen, as it just makes you more frustrated.

On an unrelated note, I was almost run over this afternoon while at work when two of my co-workers were demonstrating their rugby moves.

Cheerio!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

oh no... i wish i didn't have an overwhelming feeling that the "rugby-demonstrating" co-worker was my husband. I'll just apologize on his behalf- sorry. :) bummer about the kitchen. you can come use mine... I certainly haven't been using it! haha.
-Bethany

Jason said...

You don't have to feel bad - it wasn't your husband. Two other gentlemen, who we will call BP and DW.