Thursday, July 19, 2007

What I would like to do, but won't...

This seems like a fun and slightly evil thing to do to people waiting in line for Harry Potter, Book 7. If only I knew was going to happen, but I shall have to wait with the rest of the world.

Currently reading:

Bill Bryson's The Mother Tongue. On English and its history and development as a language. Very enjoyable and of course entertaining, since it's by Mr. Bryson.

Alan Paton's Cry the Beloved Country. Very beautifully written.

C.S. Lewis' Mere Christianity. I've never actually read this book, so I figured I should. But enjoying it so far.

Just finished:

N.D. Wilson's Leepike Ridge. A definite recommend for a children's book (and written by someone I actually know semi-personally). Entertaining, educational, eventful, and enlightening.


Audrey Niffenegger's The Time Traveler's Wife. Enjoyed it a lot, made me cry at the end, some not-so-appropriate language, but overall a good read. I thought it was quite lyrical and poignant at times, but that's just my opinion.

No comments: