Sunday, September 23, 2012

A construction worker and his sock monkey.

Playing with their new blocks from Grandma.



Roasting tomatoes.  Now we have a jar of dried tomatoes ready to eat. Maybe with some goat cheese and crusty bread.  

Klaas had the flu this weekend and Jason was camping for the night with a friend, so we spent most of Saturday and today on the couch watching Muppet movies, reading books, and letting Klaas fall asleep wherever he pleased.  So I spent a lot of time knitting, copying workbook pages for Hazel, and taking random pictures.  And Hazel liked the fact that her brother was sick since it meant she could also watch all her favorite movies.  She was super sweet though and told me Friday night that she would pray hard all night for Klaas to get better.   

Pencil shavings.

Busy writing numbers and coloring kittens.

I made some new pillowcases for the kids beds while we were sitting around.  Jason and I love this print I found: how to fold paper airplanes.

I was even very thorough and used french seams so there are no open edges.  (I'm patting myself on the back.)  As Jason would say, if you're going to do something, make sure you do it the right way.  There are probably hundreds of tutorials on how to do this online, but I followed this one from Film in the Fridge.

I really like his hair.  We're going to let it grow out for a while and see what happens.  It doesn't usually look like this.  I just like to make it stand up when I rub his head.

Is he cute?  Or is he cute?

Our purple potatoes from the garden.  Yummy.


No comments: