Sunday, April 04, 2010

French Bread


I had a nice successful French bread today - woo hoo!

I used this recipe and it turned out wonderfully. If I made it again, I would probably add more salt and maybe salt the crust a bit, but it really was quite good. Mine didn't look as nice as this picture, something to go for next time. I need to find the trick to make a really good crust. I had a pan in the bottom of the oven and added water to it when the bread went in, which did make a good crust, but not as "crusty" as I like sometimes. It was a bit similar to the co-op's salted french in texture, just not as salty.

Anyways, that's that. On to the next attempt!

3 comments:

Mary and Jim said...

Keep practicing! Looking forward to eating your efforts when we come.

Grace said...

My jaw dropped in awe because I thought that was your first loaf.
I think I'm going to have to try this recipe. Looks great.

Kathryn Church said...

Oh my goodness Liz!! Looks professional!!