Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Shoes and Potatoes

Even though it was raining this week and this morning we had snow pellets falling, I want to buy some new springy shoes. I've been thinking about espadrilles, but I don't always like the laces up the leg. I saw these on Urban Outfitters and thought they were pretty cute. Thought I can't decide between the stripes or the solid grey. I think I like the stripes better and I also already have a pair of plain blue skimmers.
And we also got a HUGE bag of potatoes from some friends at church the other day. So I need to get busy and prep them to throw in the freezer for hash browns/mashed potatoes/scalloped poatotes/etc.... If you have a fabulous potato recipe, please send it my way - I need it!

2 comments:

Grace said...

Nice shoe choices.
I happen to be a fan of any espadrille. And skimmers as well.

Nellie said...

French fries! Slice up the potatoes (don't peel), sprinkle olive oil, salt and pepper. Be generous. Bake at 425 for about an hour, or until they look good to you. When they cool, freeze 'em. When you're ready to eat, just heat them up in the oven. Soooooo good. We do this about twice a month.