Tuesday, January 02, 2007

And.....we're in the coffee mecca

Well, we're in Seattle now, complete with head colds, pink eye, and a lot of wedding stuff.

I woke up yesterday morning with an itchy, pink, swollen, and mucusy eye. Not too happy. I thought, "We're just going to have to go to the ER to get some antibiotics." But my parents had the brilliant idea that we could call our friend the optrician (also my eye doctor, despite living three states awaty) to get him to prescribe me some. Let me go on record to say that I felt VERY BAD calling him at 6 o'clock in the morning, but he was incredibly gracious and let me come by and pick up some antibiotics.

So I'm doing the drops and am going to go pick up a stronger prescription later tonight. Hopefully the redness goes away soon!

I'll post some pictures soon of our trip up I-5, but you'll just have to wait for now.

But other than that, we had a lovely drive squished into the back of my parents' van, with one of our huge duffel bags wedged in-between us. Fun fun. My legs are still stiff and I walk like I have a major back problem. We stayed in Portland last night and were planning on a nice relaxing swim at the hotel pool, but they had drained it and were resealing the bottom. Yay. Please stop the fun. Too much.

But Anne is very excited and ready to be married and have a party! Only a few more days and she'll be a married woman. She's grown up so fast, sniff. I am very excited for them though and Nate is such a great, strong Christian man. They'll be great together.

Oh, I also have to have my shoes Next-Dayed out to Seattle from home because I left them in my apartment.

Today we picked up our car from the Sea-Tac airport from long-term parking....and I'll give you an imaginary dollar if you can guess the OUTRAGEOUS, and I mean OUTRAGEOUS, amount we had to pay. Here's a hint, it was parked there for 10 days and it is much much more expensive than Spokane, Sacramento, and San Francisco.

2 comments:

Wesley said...

$180??...ok colour me confused. how did your shoes get to your apartment? i distinctly remember you buying them at macy's a week ago...here, in california...

Anonymous said...

I figure at least $230 for ten days.
Especially if it is more than S.F.
Was is more than Oakland @ $22 a day?
Great wedding lots of fun even with the Seattle weather and traffic! John has a horrible cold, but he figures it was worth it to be able to dance.
Did anyone get a picture of that. I would love a copy if you did.
(gpgruver@comcast.net)