Wednesday, November 30, 2005

There's no place like California....

there's no place like California.

You now have permission to call me a wimp! It has been snowing since yesterday up here and the average temperature during the day is 28 degrees. It is the oddest thing, having snow in your front yard.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

So Jason and I went out tonight and bought the most fashionable footwear I have ever owned. Feast your eyes on these bad boys.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I never in my life thought I'd live in a place where I'd have to wear boots to walk to work. But, that just goes to show you that God always has a different plan for you than you imagined. And I'm too practical to not wear shoes like these, my tootsies would freeze off!
By the way, never let someone tell you that women take longer than men shopping. Jason took (not exaggerating) one and a half hours to choose his boots. Not totally his fault though as we were limited to the sale section and their sizes were off.

(P.S. We still miss Miranda and are worried about her and the cold weather.)

4 comments:

Wesley said...

*sniff sniff* i miss the snow!!!! although i must say i never owned a pair of boots (fashionable as they are)

Anonymous said...

I must say, the snow adds a lot to that front yard!! Is the snowman your's and Jason's handiwork? Where are the snow angels? SOOO glad that Miranda came home. I guess she doesn't like snow any better than you do!

You can pick up our cross country skiis when you come home and ski to work!!

Alexandra said...

ok, so i also own boots exactly like that and i live nowhere near the snow! they're good for mucking out stalls, because you can hose the bottoms off when they get too gross. ah, country living, ain't it grand?

Jason said...

Hurrah for boots to protect you from snow or from....crap.